Inland Marine

Inland Marine are property insurance coverages designed to insure exposures that cannot be conveniently or reasonably confined to a fixed location or insured at a standard rate under a standard form as compared with property insurance. It includes coverage for property in transit over land, certain moveable property, property under construction, legal liability coverage for bailees, as well as computerized equipment. Many inland marine coverage forms provide coverage without regard to the location of the covered property; these are sometimes called "floater" policies such as accounts receivable, valuable papers, contractor’s equipment, and fine arts.